Monday, March 10, 2014

A Visit to the West Coast...of FL


               For me, this is memorable beaches, where I spent evenings watching the sunset, making sandcastles, and digging for coquina in the wet sand along the shore. Actually, I don't think I really spent so much time at the beach, as I was growing up, but it is what I remember, perhaps that is because it was always fun, and relaxing. Though most of all, since it has been so out of reach, it is what I miss the most. I had a blast sharing this with the girls. Fun in the sun, and the sand, looking for shells along the water. All that was missing is the bucket of fried chicken. Instead, we made a stop at what I think is my favorite pizza joint, where the pepperoni is crispy and curls up into little cups on top.



               It is memory lane: a drive by the old house(s) where I spent my childhood, and the elementary school. Interesting, but I find no longing to return. I have great memories of my childhood, but that was then. I enjoyed my time, but I don't wish for those days again. I like where I am, and what I have now. I like the changes in myself, and what I have done, and I look forward to whatever lies ahead. So it was nice to visit to some old haunts, but I think visiting is all I want to do. My future lies elsewhere.



Cold water wasn't going to stop Janele playing in the surf!
Brave souls, this is the beginning of March. Brrr!
 
Kristen and Janele were braver.

That's Janele, Bravest!


Thia decided to spend her time out of the water.


Sorting the shells to add to Thia's collection.
 


Capogna's Dugout hit the spot after a few hours running around in the sand and slatwater!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment