Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Little Catching Up

It has been a while since I have been able to move photos from he camera, but I have finally done it (well at least most of the photos).  So what follows is a brief summary of our time so far in northern Florida.
 

Spending time in Tallahassee with dear friends that we haven't seen in years. We took the fun up high, to the adventure course in the trees above the Tallahassee Museum.

Waiting for the Tallahassee Veteran's Day Parade. It was a lot different from the one in Albany, the first thing I noticed was the scent of gardenias as we approached the parade route. That, and lacking the need to layer for warmth were the two biggest differences I saw.

After the parade, the girls and I went to Wakulla Springs. Yes, Janele swam, in mid-November. We are the snowbirds that I used to gawk at when I was a kid!

Thia was determined to catch one of those tiny fish in her water bottle. She was successful, and I was successful in convincing her that we really could not care for a pet fish at this time.

We took the river tour too. We saw a lot of manatee, some gators, and birds galore. All the years I lived in Tallahassee, I had never taken this river boat tour. I am glad we did on this visit.

Of course, we couldn't end the day without getting an ice cream!

From Tallahassee, we headed toward the "cave diving capital of the world", in north-central Florida. The water in the Ichetucknee River is spring fed, and a constant 72 degrees, year round. It makes for comfortable tubing during much of the year, even in November!

Janele enjoyed the leisurely float from one end of the state park to another.

Our first dive, in a pool, outdoors, in November! it was great fun, but hard. This early holiday present is going to make us work!

Just getting the gear on is tough work and not done alone.
Fowler and Thia were in a grocery store one day, and Fowler told Thia to think of something she wanted to do. She went wandering around the store as he shopped. When she returned, she handed him a business card, for HandRScuba. Do you think this qualifies as Phys. Ed.?

No comments:

Post a Comment